Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tutorial

Is there a poosibility that certain pro-types on this forum could have a category for working a tutorial for a particular area of digital photography. In a sense this happens when folks post photos for C&C, but this would be specific to a very specific operation such as: composition, post processing like a particular operation in Lightroom, Elements or Photoshop, etc. Another making specific corrections/manipulations like cloning, changing colors...?

11-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well we have the C&C area, and the Post Processing and software area that are chuck full of info and can be used as a resource. Ben has been very helpfull to people, myself included, with PP info. I don't know if we can get a pro photog to commit to contributing to the site in that fashion with any regularity. We don't want this place to become a job for them. Pro or not, we have some very very knowledgeable people on this site that can and will help you out, all you have to do is ask.

On a side note, what's with the KODAK K10D?
11-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
Is there a poosibility that certain pro-types on this forum could have a category for working a tutorial for a particular area of digital photography. In a sense this happens when folks post photos for C&C, but this would be specific to a very specific operation such as: composition, post processing like a particular operation in Lightroom, Elements or Photoshop, etc. Another making specific corrections/manipulations like cloning, changing colors...?
That's pretty much exactly what this section is for: Post Processing and Software - PentaxForums.com!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Have you read any of Ron Bigelow's Articles yet? He has mostly Post Processing in Photoshop (I've used many to improve my skills with Paint Shop Pro) but there are some composition articles as well.

Tim

11-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Hi Tim,

Those tutorials are exactly what we'd like to fill the Pentax Photography Knowledge Base with. If you happen to know anyone that might want to contribute, please spread the word, since that resource has a great deal of potential!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Hi Tim,

Those tutorials are exactly what we'd like to fill the Pentax Photography Knowledge Base with. If you happen to know anyone that might want to contribute, please spread the word, since that resource has a great deal of potential!
Maybe Pentax Forums needs a link page. I don't see much value re-writing tutorials that are already out there. It would also be a great place for The Racehorse List that I believe you help maintain.

Tim
11-26-2007, 01:14 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

We have a link page too (https://www.pentaxforums.com/links/index.php), but I'd also like to see our own Pentax resource to start filling up. The Lens Review Database has already been a huge success, and I'd like to see that happen with the Knowlege Base as well.

Adam