Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-29-2011, 09:17 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Place to post scans of camera and lens manuals

I think it would be a good idea to have a place that we could post scans of camera and lens manuals.

Of course it would need to be at least separated by brands... maybe have a section under the user review database for each brand.

I've got a few I am going to scan, and if I can't post them here, I am going to go ahead and make a webpage for that specific purpose.

Currently I have:
manual for the Sigma YS mount lenses

manual for the Sigma lenses right after they moved away from YS mount (I think)

lens information booklet for Sigma lenses made either at the same time or soon after the above manual

manual for Vivitar 55mm 2.8 macro

I probably have a few other small instruction papers and booklets around, but these four are ones I am pretty sure are not currently posted anywhere.

07-30-2011, 01:04 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it's for legacy stuff, having a thread in the article section would probably be a good idea. For current gear, we could add links to the lens databases as we've currently done with cameras.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-30-2011, 03:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Butkus.org has an incredible treasure-trove of legacy / vintage camera manuals for free download or online browsing, including Pentax manuals. IMHO any section for manuals here should link to there.
07-30-2011, 05:04 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Butkus.org has an incredible treasure-trove of legacy / vintage camera manuals for free download or online browsing, including Pentax manuals. IMHO any section for manuals here should link to there.
Note butkus.org manuals while free to download, include a request for a donation "if you find the manual useful" Mr Butkus has done a lot of work to get them posted online...

There are some vintage ads & sales brochures (incluing a manual for YS Mounts) here

07-30-2011, 09:08 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If it's for legacy stuff, having a thread in the article section would probably be a good idea. For current gear, we could add links to the lens databases as we've currently done with cameras.
What I have would all be for legacy stuff. I can go ahead and start a thread in the articles section.

I would be scanning to PDF though and not just posting up a huge thread of jpgs as these booklets are quite long - the largest one I currently have is 108 pages counting the covers.

It would probably be a good idea though to at least post the cover of the manuals and a list of what lens(es) or camera(s) they cover.

Would I have enough upload space available though? When I first started posting pics, I was going to upload them directly and it said I only had a fair amount of space available. Scanned, these are going to be decenly large. I suppose I could always upload them somewhere and then post a download link.
07-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Attached PDFs can be up to 3M, but total attachment space varies based on donation level.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Vivitar 55mm 2.8 macro

QuoteOriginally posted by cyclone3d Quote
I think it would be a good idea to have a place that we could post scans of camera and lens manuals.

Of course it would need to be at least separated by brands... maybe have a section under the user review database for each brand.

I've got a few I am going to scan, and if I can't post them here, I am going to go ahead and make a webpage for that specific purpose.

Currently I have:
manual for the Sigma YS mount lenses

manual for the Sigma lenses right after they moved away from YS mount (I think)

lens information booklet for Sigma lenses made either at the same time or soon after the above manual

manual for Vivitar 55mm 2.8 macro

I probably have a few other small instruction papers and booklets around, but these four are ones I am pretty sure are not currently posted anywhere.
Hi Cyclone.

I'm looking forward to read the manual for the Vivitar 55mm 2.8 macro. That was the first real macro lens I bought for my K-r.

10-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I do have a lot of original manual pdf-files for F, FA, DA and D FA lenses.
But how to collect them?
02-23-2020, 03:07 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Since most manuals are for a complete line of lenses (FA, D FA, DA), a centralised archive would be a good idea
02-24-2020, 09:57 AM   #10
Unregistered User

We'll want to watch out for copyright issues. In my experience, publishers will generally give permission generously if it's not for a profit-making purpose if you ask them nicely.
05-25-2020, 12:52 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Pentax/Ricoh did allow Pentaxforum to use contens. Specifics can be told by Adam.