Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Slight Shift In Sharpness When Browsing On Mobile Device

I have been away from the forum for a short time but since the recent change of the look of the forum I have notice something peculiar when viewing with my iPod Touch mobile device.
When I browse the forum as a guest, that is, an unregistered member; not logging in, there is a slight shift in sharpness in the text once the page has finished loading. This does not occur when I am logged on with my account nor does this happen with any other web pages.
And this did not occur prior to, say, three weeks ago.
As best as I can describe what happens is, when viewing pages of the forum or even the main menu, if I am not logged into my account and I navigate to any page, as the page is loading, the text is fine. Once the page has loaded, some sharpness in the text is lost and even some lines of text are slightly compressed in height. This does not occur when I browse the forum using access through my membership.
My mobile device is an iPod Touch and is the same device I have been using often in the past with none of these issues.
Can you offer an explanation?

08-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Have you customised display settings for the forum in your login. I have disabled mobile view in my forum options, because I usually browse on a 7 inch galaxy tab nowadays, the view when not logged defaults to mobile view, but when logged in changes to desktop view.

This page: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

Last edited by selar; 08-03-2011 at 10:17 PM.
08-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So potentially, unregistered lurkers have the same distracting view with fuzzy text to look upon.
Might make someone not want to bother with the site if they don't like the text.
I have always used "mobile view" when lurking and not logged on but only recently has this issue come up. I can only assume others experience the same issue and as unregistered users, they may decide to go to a site they can read better.

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 08-04-2011 at 07:08 AM.
08-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I don't have an iphone and can't reproduce this on my blackberry, but if you could provide me with a screenshot/photo then I'll see if anything can be done. I'm not sure what it could be, though, as the mobile skin hasn't been changed in forever.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I borrowed an iphone4 and looked at the mobile version of the forums on it. I could not reproduce the problem. The font however was tiny and looked a bit fuzzy till I zoomed in, but its probably my eyes. Maybe making the font bigger in mobile view might help.
08-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Can anyone instruct me on how to get a screen shot using an iPod Touch?
Otherwise I will be held to showing mere jpegs, which will still show the problem but perhaps not as well.

And it is true that the situation resolves when I zoom... Still, I find it strange that it happens everytime as a lurker and never when registered. And that this has not happened at any time in the past.
It could just be my device.

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 08-07-2011 at 02:50 PM.