Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Suggestion: "Dear Pentax" forum

Another discussion site I used to frequent had a group (aka "forum") called "Dear [Company]". As with here, it was well-known that company reps (including people with sigificant internal influence) read but didn't ever post -- just like here. So this was an area specifically for people to post open letters to the company, intended as a public suggestion box. What about having something like that here?

11-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I highly approve. Sounds like a great idea. I was also on another camera brand forum and we had a somewhat similar folder. I entirely forgot how useful it turned out to be so I'm glad you remembered this.
11-26-2007, 05:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Good suggestion. In a graphics software forum I frequent we have a "Wish list".

The only thing about a suggestion forum is that it has to be monitored so it doesn't become a "gripe and whine" forum.
11-26-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Great idea!

Many companies use their existing customer base for input on how to improve their product. I think this is a good idea. If course, it will require some self control so it doesn't become a complaint board.

11-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll consider to add this as a sub-forum of the News and Rumors board early next year. Thanks for the suggestion!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-28-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I'm not sure News and Rumors is quite the best match, though, since it's generally about neither of those things. (Well, maybe in some cases about rumors.) The most important thing is that it be easy to find for someone from Pentax who browses the site occasionally but doesn't necessarily spend a lot of time finding their way around.
11-28-2007, 01:34 PM   #7
Syb
Veteran Member

Well, when Pentax will reply to our wishes, that will fit best in the "news" section!

I highly support the idea. I am already thinking what to write to dear Pentax...
01-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi Adam. Just wanted to remind you of this idea.

04-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not to be annoying, but, uh, "ping"?
04-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm keeping your idea in the back of my head, but until I follow through with the vBulletin 3.7 upgrade, I won't be adding any new forums. Thanks!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #11
Veteran Member

For the time being, couldn't we create a sticky titled "Dear Pentax". I do agree that this is not to be used for complaining, but for serious constructive comments on the equipment, or anything else Pentax. And, it should not include rebuttals, simply you post your own comments, but no criticisms by other members. It's up to Pentax to read, comprehend, and if deemed, act.
Just my 2 cents....anybody have any spare change? LBA in advanced stages.
04-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That's fine by me- just PM me the link and I'll stick the thread you make.

Adam

04-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, this is a decent candidate:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/15728-dear-pentax.html

However, there's maybe a little more off-topic discussion than would be ideal. Hard to avoid, though.
04-19-2008, 04:13 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldschool Quote
Many companies use their existing customer base for input on how to improve their product. I think this is a good idea. If course, it will require some self control so it doesn't become a complaint board.
perhaps a little off topic, but how does one define the difference between asking pentax to consider a teleconverter correction factor, so that shake reduction can work properly as an upgrade pr product improvement, or a request to fix a defect in design that presently exists.

the same is true for the metering issues with K10D and manual lenses. is the request to input min and max apature so the camera can control the lens just like a AE lens a request for an upgrade or a request to fix a design defect.

Many of the basic things that have been added as wish list items in the past are really complaints about functional problems and complaints that really exist, and have already been addressed in writing directly to pentax with no reply
04-22-2008, 07:09 PM   #15
Damn Brit

Would it not be possible to ask Pentax to "officially" monitor the forums? It could be a market research goldmine for them. Pentax products could become even better if there was a tangible conduit between themselves and the people who use them. Everyone would win.