Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Adam, could you please clarify the weighting of the individual criteria? For example, are they given equal weighting?

08-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yeah they're equal

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
kfz

How do you calculate the final score? Why a five 9.8 sub score came out 9.0 final score?
08-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
They don't, but note that the calculated average will differ from the user average.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The fields vary based on product, i.e. manual lenses don't have the autofocus field. They are available for all Pentax lenses, for all Sigma and Tamron lenses currently in production, and for all Pentax DSLRs. We may introduce them in more categories later on.
Hi adam, has this been set up for all current sigma lenses etc or just a select few?

I have had a look at trying to edit a couple of my reviews and I cannot for the life of me see where i enter my sub-ratings.

eg 70-200mm EX DG II HSM Macro (its in the current zoom section)

Last edited by Chaos_Realm; 08-13-2011 at 10:49 PM.
08-14-2011, 03:40 AM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Right now the fields are only there for current lenses, but that should include this sigma (the fields show up for me at least):

Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 II EX DG APO Macro HSM Lens Reviews - Current Zoom Lenses - Pentax Third-Party Lens Review Database

Adam

08-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #22
Site Supporter

I think this is a much needed enhancement. bigthumbsup Possibly one of the better ones in a while since the auto handling of wide images.

08-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'm happy to announce that the new rating fields are now available for ALL third-party lenses! Enjoy!

Note that because AF and non-AF lenses are mixed in most categories, the autofocus rating field is only available for current sigma/tamron lenses.

Adam

04-25-2018, 01:26 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
the autofocus rating field is only available for current sigma/tamron lenses
Why not for all lenses with AF, so legacy ones too?
Maybe with an multiple-choice field when creating a new lens, to choose if it has AF or is MF.

Currently lenses like the Sigma 180mm Macro don't include an AF rating.
Sigma 180mm F3.5 APO EX DG IF Macro Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
04-25-2018, 10:58 AM - 2 Likes   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
If that lens was in the "current" category before, there should actually still be stored AF ratings for it. I will see if there's an easy way to make them visible again.

Adam

05-04-2018, 02:21 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Two Pentax (Lens Reviews) F 70-210mm lenses are missing the AF rating too:
Pentax-F 70-200mm F4-5.6 Reviews - Non-SMC Pentax Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Takumar-F 70-210mm F4-5.6 Reviews - Non-SMC Pentax Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
05-04-2018, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #28
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I have added AF/focusing fields to the legacy Sigma zooms, and non-SMC zoom categories.

For all remaining categorizes, I will not be many any additional changes, as the whole system is due for an overhaul and that will take care of everything that's missing.

Adam

05-29-2020, 01:37 AM   #29
Pentaxian

I'd suggest to offer a sorting option inside the Lens Search to use the User Review Data (put it already in "Pentax Forums Database Corrections").
Would be even greater with the new 3rd-Party Lens Database.
06-01-2020, 03:44 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Is it possible to do a lens review without entering some of the "hard" ratings, eg for sharpness, aberations? I would be reluctant to enter a value for sharpness without doing formal testing, and anyway what are the crteria? I wonder if you are allowed just put a dash to be non-committal. However I could still have things to say about a lens, such as its handling, clarity of markings, [in]convenient filter size etc.