Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Issues posting images from Flickr

I've searched and have been unable to find an answer on forums. I use LR3, export to Flickr (may be doing that wrong), and when attempting to upload to User Gallery from Flickr (may be doing that wrong) I get an error message: either wrong format or too large" or something to that effect. What do I need to do? No trouble posting to that other forum using their plug-in.

Thanks in advance!

08-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You need to upload a picture that is less than 1MB. Try the URL from the Large size at Flickr. If you want to upload a picture and preserve the EXIF data, export to a smaller file size from LR to your desktop then upload the picture to the gallery.

Does LR's Flickr export have an option to upload optimized images?

Last edited by boriscleto; 08-12-2011 at 10:46 AM.
08-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Flickr Large size didn't work, but Medium did! Thanks!!!
08-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you wish to post larger images, you have to pay for a premium account. It is fairly cheap.
Oops, sorry misunderstood question.

Last edited by davidreilly3207; 08-13-2011 at 07:57 AM.
08-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is no resolution limit in the gallery- just filesize. Since you're already a site supporter, you should be able to upload 1.5Mb images to most categories, but if the image is already on flickr, why post it here as well? I would recommend uploading from your hard drive only to avoid duplicate content; you can link photos in your posts regardless of where they are uploaded

Of course, if you post to the gallery, then you can use our photo embedding popup without having to go looking for URLs.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: