Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Camera Review Section, leaves a lot to be desired...

I think the old camera review section was more informative than the new. Pentax has a long history of making camera and lenses but the way the review section is now there is no coherence or even hint at the chronology of the events/milestones in the Pentax history. You go into the manual focus SLR subsection and you find every camera Pentax has ever made but it's in alphabetical order. At least in the old camera reviews there was some chronological order. from the latest DSLR to the screw mount camera.

I think PentaxForums should revise the camera review section to order the camera models chronologically and make special notes of the various breakthrough, and milestone camera models in the illustrious history of Pentax manufacturing.

Thanks,

08-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is, nonetheless, a simple breakdown in the reviews page according to type of camera:

Digital Cameras
Compact Digital Cameras
Interchangeable Lens Cameras

Film Cameras
Autofocus Film SLRs (1 viewing)
Manual Focus Film SLRs (1 viewing)
645 Medium Format
6x7 Medium Format
M42 Screwmount Film SLRs
M37 Screwmount SLRs
Auto 110 SLRs

Then there is the most popular cameras below. So it's actually quite intuitive. Having all the cameras on one page arranged by manufacture date would make for a tiresome webpage. Most people can select from the above options to locate the camera they want. Or am I missing your point?
08-19-2011, 04:55 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

They ARE ordered by release date, with the newest at the top, and the oldest at the bottom. You can always search for a particular camera using the search box.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-19-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
Maybe a Pentax encyclopedia should be created? Prototypes, code names, models and variants, designers, etc?

08-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

We've got one- check the wiki!
08-20-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry, My mistake. However, I still think an overview page of Pentax history should be included for the cameras and the lenses.

Thanks,
08-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Goodies like that are on their way in the future- we've recently redesigned the homepage backend, and soon there will be something like this.

Here's what we have about lenses, etc.: Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series

If there's something you'd like to contribute, I can by all means start up a working Pentax History page

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They ARE ordered by release date, with the newest at the top, and the oldest at the bottom. You can always search for a particular camera using the search box.
That is correct. I just looked and the m42 start out with the 'AP', 'S', 'K', etc. Only the S3 and S2 are out of order. The manual focus K-mount bodies on the other hand are all over the place.