Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K10D Image Sensor Size

Could someone in the group tell me if the CCD in the K10D is an APS-C size as referenced by Sigma for their new 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 DC Macro HSM lens? I'm also interested if anyone has yet to try this lens out on their K10D.

Thanks!

12-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is the wrong area of the forums for this question (try Pentax DSLR Discussion, or Pentax SLR Lens Discussion). But the answer is yes, it's an APS-C sized sensor.

However, note that Sigma hasn't (yet -- they might someday) reverse-engineered Pentax's interface for in-lens motors, so HSM isn't available on this lens in Pentax K mount. (In fact, looks like the HSM version is currently only offered for Nikon, which I think they license instead of reverse-engineering, which means a Pentax version is highly unlikely.) So you'll need to look at the non-HSM version.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k10d, lens, size