Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Forum Member

deleting photos

Moderator Contact Form Message

How do I delete my personal gallery photos? I found an old thread that referred to a delete button on the tool bar and even showed a screenshot. But, I don't see the delete on the current toolbar. I want to delete all my gallery photos.

Thank you.
Frostie

09-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thread generated by the moderator contact form moved here.
09-07-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The link is now directly below each photo.
09-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
I've looked below my personal gallery photos and don't see link for deleting. Under the photo is a section with photo details and below that are 2 lines showing links to photo. Then, there is a section for posting comments and at the bottom of the page are links to change layout to fixed, green, red, grey, classic or low-fi. Still can't figure out how to delete.

Last edited by Frostie; 09-07-2011 at 08:08 AM.
09-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Oh, I see all your photos are event photos- those can't be deleted, unfortunately.

Normally here's where the link would be:

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  49.1 KB

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Oh, I see all your photos are event photos- those can't be deleted, unfortunately.

Attachment 102862
Why won't you allow the deletion of "Event" photos. It doesn't make sense to deny people the right to delete their Pentax day photos.

Tim
09-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The goal of the event is to record a piece of history, and we don't want that record to be incomplete. Of course, if you absolutely want the images deleted, we'll do so if you were unaware of this policy (seems some members are particularly sensitive when it comes to this). If you don't like the policy, members are by no means forced to use our services.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
members are by no means forced to use our services
Good advice when dealing with the gallery feature and monthly challenges.

Tim
09-07-2011, 05:53 PM - 1 Like   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
The goal of the event is to record a piece of history, and we don't want that record to be incomplete. Of course, if you absolutely want the images deleted, we'll do so if you were unaware of this policy (seems some members are particularly sensitive when it comes to this). If you don't like the policy, members are by no means forced to use our services.
This policy comes as a complete surprise to me. I always thought that I owned my pictures and could edit or delete as I chose. I didn't win anything with them, so it shouldn't be that big of an issue. I do want them deleted. With leaving the forum, I want to take my pictures with me.
09-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ugh, you're killing me. I think this giveaway might well be our last one. It always ends like this.

Adam