Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2006, 07:06 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Search engine

I'm very new here and I just tried a search for the word Raw and it came back with no post. I know that their are post out there for I have read a couple. Is this just a bug in the search engine for there are not enough letters or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

12-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've never had much luck with searching either, but I figured it was just me
12-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I tried a search on "raw" and got nothing, but got quite a few with "raw format", maybe it is a length thing like you thought.
12-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
3-letter words are generally exculded from the seach, but I'll go ahead and add raw to the exception list now.

Thanks for bringing this up

Edit: Done. As soon as the search index is updated, entries for raw should start popping up. Remember, though, that you'll get better results with more specific searches.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Adam, how about other 3-letter words that may be important? Are they already on the list? (Like DOF or ISO)? Is there any problem in allowing indexer to add 3-letter words to the search index?
12-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've already spent time adding lots of 3-letter words/acronyms, but I'll check to make sure those are on the list.

Short words are normally blocked to keep the index as small as possible, excluding common words like prepositions and conjunctions...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

There's a possibility that 3-letter fulltext searches are being blocked at the server level, regardless of the words on the inclusion list.

If things don't work by tomorrow, I'll go talk to the vBulletin team to see if they can help us out