Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Camera & lens reviews update on prices

I have noticed on some reviews that the price stated does not reflect current prices as some reviews are quite old. I think it would be possible to weight older prices when averaging them to give a better current price indication. I also noticed when I posted a review of a DA35 limited that one review mentioned that this lens was built of plastic.I'm sure this is not the only misplaced review.I think it was for a DA35 f2.4.

09-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you referring to the review by Bramela? That looks like a typo to me- no plastic on the lens that I know of! As far as the prices go, you will have to look at the dates to figure out the price trend, later on what I can do is add a nice chart feature showing how it's changed over time.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Possibly a separate new and used price would also be more accurate?
09-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In any case you've got to read the reviews- the average price figure should be taken at face value.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: