Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2007, 03:07 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Monthly Competition

Mo I am wondering whether it would be a good idea to

1 Keep the entries annonymous
2 Keep the results poll inaccessable until after members have voted

I must confess I look at the poll and wonder why a certain entry has so many votes and in seeking the answer I look to see why it is so far the best. I feel this does sway my decision.

If it was possible to only see results after voting I feel it would be a more just result.

Thanks for your consideration

Regards Dean

12-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I have to agree here Dean. I really like an anonymous challenge. I run one over at the Panachallenge site and I think it works quite well. It is fun in the end to see who the photographer is in the end. I also think it is easier to remain unbiased in the voting process. Although I think most don't think they are swayed by knowing the photographer, subconsciously I think they are.
12-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As long as you don't peek at the submission threads I move into the contest forum, the poll is completely anonymous! I've explain this before, but the threads have to be there so that all users can view the attachments I link to from the poll thread.

I will consider making the poll results inaccessible, however- thanks for the suggestion!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-08-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I tend to agree with the suggestion. I have seen it in other vote situations as well.
No poll results till closure is advisable.
I think it creates a thinking, "well all those other voters must know best" is what comes to my way of thinking.

12-09-2007, 12:37 AM   #5
djm
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ideally I'd like to be able to see the Poll results once I had voted rather than have to wait until the final cut off. I don't know if this is possible to program in. Thanks again Mo for considering this. If you foresee any problems that's fine.

Last edited by djm; 12-09-2007 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Gramatical error.