Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Broken thread, possible reason

This thread is causing a white screen for me. It occurred after I attempted to delete a post which a moderator had deemed offensive enough to give me a warning over. I'm reporting it because I think you have a bug in your script regarding deletion (and maybe editing) of warned posts.

On an aside, I think that warning was pretty tacky in the first place. A mod deleted multiple posts in that thread, one of which was my reply that quoted a few words from someone else, that were offensive, but the mod didn't leave any message in the thread to explain the discontinuity of the deletions. I made a tongue in cheek comment about ninja mods in that thread, and I get a warning?

It would be really nice, and is standard practice on most forums, for moderators to at least leave a canned response when removing posts from a thread. As it is, there's no way for me to even tell which mod cited me for it, and so no way to properly respond to it. Maybe that's intentional, but I think it could be improved.

10-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
It's showing up with blank screen for me as well.
10-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It has nothing to do with the thread content; it's a server issue. I can't explain it right now but I'm looking into it...

As far as deletions go, you can give a moderator log in your user cp.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ooh it works now- I think it was an htaccess problem.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
As far as deletions go, you can give a moderator log in your user cp.
Yes, but it's completely anonymous, it doesn't even cite the already anonymous "Moderator" account used to actually issue warnings.

It's really not the point either. When mod deletes posts mid-thread, then later responses become out of context for everyone. This is why on most moderated boards they somehow mark the thread, usually with a canned response, saying a post was deleted at that point in it.

Anyway, I'm not looking for an argument, just trying to point out what I think would be an improvement overall.

Glad you found the bug, that was pretty quick.
10-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The anonymity of deletions is full intentional- however you can reply to infractions if you have any questions (we've actually added an interactive discussion system).

Adam