Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2011, 04:15 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
No search algorithm is going to give you perfect results- so if you don't like it, don't use it. Try more specific keywords if you don't want false positives.
Don't generalize, if you can't digest feedback, better say so. And for your information, there are search algorithms which gives much better results even if not perfect - so if you do not know does not mean algorithms does not exist. Sorry to be harsh but this is the disappointing attitude that "don't use if you don't like" - I was just trying to give me suggestions to improve the forum.

10-10-2011, 05:05 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Don't generalize, if you can't digest feedback, better say so. And for your information, there are search algorithms which gives much better results even if not perfect - so if you do not know does not mean algorithms does not exist. Sorry to be harsh but this is the disappointing attitude that "don't use if you don't like" - I was just trying to give me suggestions to improve the forum.
I know one thing that would improve the forum right about now...
10-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Right now the post search is frequency-based. There would be two ways to make it better: use sphinx (which we can't run together with vb3) or implement our own search using meta data. We don't have that meta data, unfortunately. But thanks for the suggestion. If you have some extra time and would like to help improve the system, shoot me a pm- I'm always open to contributions!
05-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
FYI- this watch list has been updated to work with IE8.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: