Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Introducing facebook connect!

Facebook Connect - log in or register using your Facebook account!

We're happy to announce the addition of facebook connect to our forum - now, you can skip the regular registration process and instead use your facebook account to log in to PentaxForums.com! Just click on the big blue button at the top of the page!

If you already have a forum account and would like to link it to your facebook account, simply click on the button while log in. This will allow you to log in on PentaxForums.com with one click, without having to re-enter your username or password, as long as you are logged in on Facebook! Enjoy!

Note: if you ever wish to unlink your accounts, you may do so via the edit password page.

Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very cool Adam. I'm still hoping for a Google connect
11-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmmm....I tried linking my Facebook account by clicking on the button to log in and it did log me in but as TomekPL. Am I doing something wrong here?
11-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I think there might be a bug- that was a test account I made and then all of a sudden someone got linked to it. Could you please try again?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
Forum Member

Ok, everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks!
11-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #6

What do you mean, "Can't resubit…"?
11-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #7

Well.............

11-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Bueller?

Adam

11-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #9

OMG ytd i couldn't register for my account so i tried connecting using Facebook, and it logged me in as jswillems! i thought maybe it was some test account, but then i found it weird and logged out after that. i didn't know jswillems was a real user, lucky i didn't do anything with his account!
11-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
So something's broken with it? Good to know, I will look in to this.

Adam

11-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I've taken a look at it, let me know if the problem persists.

Adam

11-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #12

it's still happening!
Attached Images

11-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Eek! For security reasons I have unlinked all accounts created before this system was added. I've also looked at it and resolved the issues I saw, although there might be something wrong with the way facebook is sending us user data, so this system might have to go

Adam

12-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Looks like that didn't resolve it, so there must be an underlying issue with the way facebook notifies the system of user information. I've therefore elected to uninstall this system completely. If your account was created using facebook connect, check your e-mail inbox for instructions on how to use it on a standalone basis.

Adam