Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
New Section?

What are the thoughts about a Do It Yourself section? Occasionally people make posts about creating diffusers, reflectors, light tents, etc. Additionally, it could be used to post tips on repairs that don't require having equipment returned for service (like the thread on SDM repair).

11-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Tom,

Try running a search on the homepage or in the forum: we already have such a section.
Do-It-Yourself - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Hi Tom,

Try running a search on the homepage or in the forum: we already have such a section.
Do-It-Yourself - PentaxForums.com
The Articles section of the forum is often a well kept secret, since the articles don't always generate comments. However, it is a great approach for the DIY section, as it is much easier to browse the topics, since they all have their own thread.

Tim
11-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've gone ahead and added a "latest post" block to the articles section on the forum homepage, hopefully that will make it more noticeable!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I wonder how long it's been there, cause I've never seen it there either - so don't feel bad op lol
11-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The article section has been here about as long as you have- but the dedicated DIY section was added later (at least 2 years ago, though).

Adam

11-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Duh-oh!

Thanks Adam!!