Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tutorials

I may just be blind and can't find this, but I think there are probably a lot of people out there that have some good tips, or tutorials that others could learn from. I love to read tutorials on how to do things, especially on PPing, but I haven't really seen much of it here. I looked in the post processing section but that seems to be just some questions rather than tutorials. I think that people would benefit a lot from seeing something like this, I know for sure I would.

12-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Anybody have any thoughts on this?
12-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

While I love the idea of benefiting from others and perhaps I can get to a point where I can contribute, one issue if the plethora of software used. While you can be non software specific on your tips and perhaps there is some merit to that idea but generally a tip is product specific.

We all have some bookmarks I am sure for tips and tricks of the software we use - perhaps we could start with that? Or create subsections in the Post Processing section (Photoshop, Gimp, Paint Shop Pro, etc) based on a User Poll – list the top 5 -10 you can think of and then an other section for a write in ballet?
12-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Our "Pentax Photography Knowledge Base" section is intended to be a tutorial section- all free users are free to contribute. Read the sticky inside the forum for more information- it's right below the DSLR section.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I looked in that section, but it seems to me that it is mostly people asking questions, and not much of it is related to PP type tutorials. It would be nice to be able to go to one place and see just a bunch of tutorial threads. I wouldn't mind as has been suggested that we separate by different programs. I'm sure there is a lot of knowledge out there that can be shared with everybody, and if it was easier to find more people might use it and share their own ideas. Anyway, like was mentioned also I do have a few places I go to look for tutorials, but one more resource can never hurt.
12-20-2007, 08:45 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Travis
Have you looked at Yvon Bourques website? Pentax dslrs. He occasionally posts tips and ideas, and his site has a lot of interesting links and resources that yield ideas. Another is Steve's Digicams and one I like a lot is photo.net. I'm sure there are hundreds of others. I'm like you - I like to read tutorials. Some of the photo software sites have tutorials, as well.
12-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is a lot of good stuff here:

Articles

dave

12-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks I'll take a look at those links. Like I said, there are a bunch of places I have found helpful in the past, but it would be nice to see what people here have to offer in one place.