Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Most Recent Thread

On the page that shows the threads from today, the top section comes up as threads that are new since the last visit, or since the threads have been marked read, and all the topics are bold. It used to change them from bold to normal font weight after I looked at a particular thread, it doesn't appear to be doing that anymore. If I go look at a single thread in that group, then go back to the thread listing they are still bold, so I keep thinking somebody else has posted, but in fact it hasn't changed. Not a huge deal, but I thought you might want to know.

12-21-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Travis,

I haven't changed that system at all recently, but since it is cookie-based (and does not rely on the database, for efficiency), there may sometimes be a small delay between updates.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It has to be more than a small delay, I marked threads as a read a few minutes ago and have now looked at all the threads in the updated list and they are all still bold.
12-21-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In fact going back to the list after posting the above message this thread is still bolded, it should definitely mark unbold it after I leave a comment. I just don't think it is doing it anymore at all. Is this just something I am seeing or are other people seeing it too? If its just me I'll deal with it, but if everybody is seeing it, it may need to be fixed.

12-21-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I noticed it, and thought it was perhaps just me. It is not consistent. I wonder if the latest and greatest M$ update has screwed the cookie system?
12-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I noticed it, and thought it was perhaps just me. It is not consistent. I wonder if the latest and greatest M$ update has screwed the cookie system?
Speaking of MS updates- the more I install, the slower my computer seems to run. After a recent patch, I've been getting the blue screen upon startup, and I had to reset my BIOS in order to make it disappear.

The cookie system isn't the most stable system around when it comes to thread tracking, but if I switched to the database-based system, the database would quickly at least double in size. I haven't made any changes to the system, as I mentioned earlier, however, and since it worked in the past, I'm sure this is just a temporary issue.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: