Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Serial database question

I was going to update my serial number database entries with several purchases when I realized that the database is limited to Pentax manufactured items. I think it's utility could be extended to include, at least, the more common lenses from Tamron and Sigma. Just a thought.

12-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

At the moment we've indeed limiting it to Pentax stuff, may expand it in the future.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
At the moment we've indeed limiting it to Pentax stuff, may expand it in the future.
I do understand that it would be more work. The idea of tracking QC issues is a good one among the other bonuses of the database.
12-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yeah the problem specifically would be that I'd have to open the DB up to user item entries again, and that creates a mess. I just now found a duplicate FA 50mm listed under "accessories" (and, ironically, one of your serials was listed under it ). I've gone ahead and cleaned that up, but it might just be more work than it's worth for now.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yeah the problem specifically would be that I'd have to open the DB up to user item entries again, and that creates a mess. I just now found a duplicate FA 50mm listed under "accessories" (and, ironically, one of your serials was listed under it ). I've gone ahead and cleaned that up, but it might just be more work than it's worth for now.
- Sorry. Can't think how I did that but I understand the cost-benefit analysis.