Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
picture size

Just a question to ask,

why does the forum resize landscape oriented pictures linked from my pbase?

I'm using web friendly size of 600 pix height for my shots but the form engine seems to shrink them down and the quality goes blah...
any explanation?

The portrait oriented shots seem to be unaffected.

Regards
Peter

12-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Check your account "settings and options" for the size limit.
12-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

1024x700 is the limit I think, it can be seen when uploading. If you want to post larger photos, use the user photo gallery.

Also, all embedded images are auto-resized using CSS, and this can be controlled on an individual basis via your options page.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
1024x700 is the limit I think, it can be seen when uploading. If you want to post larger photos, use the user photo gallery.

Also, all embedded images are auto-resized using CSS, and this can be controlled on an individual basis via your options page.
thanks Adam, but my pictures are well within the limit.
My landscape orientation shots are 900pix x 600pix. so well bellow the limit. Yet they look donwsized (and poorly so) for some reason. Examples?
forum:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/77477-f-fa-club-19.html#post1749008 (800x536)

pbase:
Southwark Street, looking at the Shard.jpg photo - Peter photos at pbase.com (903x600)

I put 0s to the two windows in the options page, will that stop the resizing?

edit:
had a look at it for some reason the pictures linked to the forum have the same size as "large" option when viewing them on pbase. But I'm always linking the "original" option which is 903x600, is there a limit in kb for each embeded picture?

Last edited by axl; 12-19-2011 at 02:38 PM.
12-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yeah the images aren't being scaled by us, and no there's no limit on linked photos (although we discourage sizes > 1mb).

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yeah the images aren't being scaled by us, and no there's no limit on linked photos (although we discourage sizes > 1mb).
I don't get this then...
why if I link "original" size from pbase, it shows me "large" size in here?!?
12-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Is the link you posted on the forum and the original link the same?

Adam

12-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yes, but I worked out it's only the landscape orientation that gets resized. And solution is that when I put "link"/original it'll link the 903x600 picture. I have no idea why otherwise it goes for "large" option instead of "original" even though I'm viewing the latter, and even stranger is that tis only affects landscape orientation and not portrait... just weird...