Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Cant open a page?

I am not sure if this has been discussed because I cant get into the threads...each time I click to open a thread, I get a blank page but the url address is in the navigation bar as usual. Anyone else getting this or suggest a remedy?

I just wonder if I will be able to see the replies int his thread too?

Jason

12-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was getting this error about an hour ago, but things seem to be working for me now.
12-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
axl
Veteran Member

I had it for better part of the day, but it seems to be working now...
12-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I was sleeping, so I have no idea what happened or why

Got like 50 e-mails about it, so something was definitely up!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I was sleeping, so I have no idea what happened or why

Got like 50 e-mails about it, so something was definitely up!
Adam, fyi - I was getting this same error sporadically on Sunday as well. I could reach the main page, but would get a server error any time I clicked a link. "no data" IIRC.
12-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I was one of the 50, I guess. Frustrating, as inability to access cost me a chance on an item offered for sale.
12-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Found the problem, and it's an ugly one. Hopefully it can be fixed without moving to a new server yet again

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Had this last night for about an hour - I could hit the "new posts" link and get all the new posts links, but if I tried to open any individual post, the error would come up
12-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #9
axl
Veteran Member

I'm still getting the problem with certain threads and certain options (like QUOTE f.e.)
12-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
Had this last night for about an hour - I could hit the "new posts" link and get all the new posts links, but if I tried to open any individual post, the error would come up
It was like that for me for about 6-7 hours today (from around 8:00-15:00, EST).
12-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

And I was one of the 50 also. I was getting remote server disconnect notice and even though later I could get the forums main page, there was 0 for new posts and any link I tried to open, gave same server message. Looks like it's okay now. Hope it stays up. I go into withdrawal if PF are down.
12-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

So far so good, we'll see if it happens again. I tried reconfiguring apache to see if that will fix things.

Adam

12-20-2011, 03:35 AM   #13

From time to time I can't open some part of the forum. For example now I can't open the main marketplace list (The Pentax Marketplace | Sell Pentax | Photographic Equipment for Sale - PentaxForums.com) but I can open the last topic or the others that I can see as shortcuts for the marketplace listing

edit: now everything looks ok
12-20-2011, 03:37 AM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Not seeing any issues at the moment.

Adam