Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I got tired of seeing those threads show up in the new posting page, so I blocked it.

I don't think you should have anyone automatically blocked, because they would more than likely post those topics outside of that sub-forum and unwittingly irritate people such as myself and everyone else who now has it blocked.

02-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Why? I think there should not be such a subforum on a photography site to begin with, but why new users?
QuoteOriginally posted by nutkasse Quote
this is not the place in a photography forum. i m here for photography stuff, not political or religious stuff!!!
QuoteOriginally posted by bdparker Quote
I agree with Nutkasse...

As a religious consecrated brother. I came here to explore and improve my love for photography, not for politics or religion, there are other place on the net to do that. As I have noticed, most of the (political are religious) stuff here is regurgitated from other sites and sources, leave over there and don't bring it here.....

I also second vonBaloney and not necessarily agree with boriscleto.... enough said...

added... I didn't think of that Adam, I'm not one for blocking anyone or anything, but it's a good idea, must check it out.
The P&R forum is here for one simple purpose... to keep the P&R topics out of the photography and general forums. Before P&R was created the moderation staff was forever cleaning up religious and political posts throughout the site. Photographers have political and religious opinions too so in order to allow those topics to be discussed among our members, P&R was created. I really don't see why folks have such a big problem with it's existence. After all, As Adam and Parallax said... if you don't want to read the P&R posts don't go in there, and if you don't even want to know they exist, block the whole P&R forum.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/political-religious-discussion/91433-how-...ore-forum.html

Mike
PF Moderation Team

Last edited by MRRiley; 02-28-2012 at 07:44 AM.
02-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I participated in P&R a bit after joining PFC but rather quickly found it useless, so it's been on my IGNORE list for quite some time. IMHO the P&R forum is for rants, not discussions. Opinions will not be changed, except to indicate which members aren't worth responding to. But MY BELIEF IS BETTER THAN YOUR BELIEF leads nowhere. I tired of flame wars back when I had a 110 baud modem.