Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2012, 03:15 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
automatic hyperlinks

I've noticed that sometimes certain words ( Sigma , K5 ) are changed into hyperlinks. It however does not happen for other words like Tamron. Highly annoying in my opinion, specially as it seems to be inconsistent.

01-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It's a little experiment I'm doing to make people more aware of all our content- bear with it please!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Time to stop experimenting as in a recent thread talking about lenses, K30/2.8 linked to the K30 camera and not to the lens.

And yes, it's still highly annoying in my opinion; specifically the inconsistent way. But that's personal.

Also, the implementation does not seem to honour the noparse tag
06-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

An option to disable these links will be offered in the future. At the moment, analytics are showing that users spend about 30% more time on pages linked to by these links than the site average, and not leaving the site afterwards, which means that they are proving helpful.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
An option to disable these links will be offered in the future.
Can you please offer this option as soon as possible?

A reader cannot distinguish between an automatically generated link and a user provided link.

I believe I am not the only one who does not want to appear to providing links I did not intend to provide.

I'll link to other PF pages when it is appropriate but strongly oppose to the idea of having links forced into my posts.
06-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The option has now been added to the bottom of your options page.

Adam

06-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What is it called? 'Enable Experimental Forum Features'?

Thanks WimS

06-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yup, that's the one!

Adam

06-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The option has now been added to the bottom of your options page.
Thanks, Adam.

I hope we will still be able to opt out, if the feature stops being an "experimental" one.
06-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yup, either that or it will be changed in such a way that it'll be clear what links are automated. Lots of work remains to be done to optimize link placement, so it'll be a while until this exits beta stage.

Adam

06-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yabadabadooh, it works

And thanks.