Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If there was one feature you wanted us to add, what would it be?

Hello everyone,

I am in a "coding mood" right now. If there's one small feature that could be added to PF right now, what would it be?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Dark background like on Camera Enthusiast please. Dark backgrounds are easier on my eyes.

Thanks.

DAZ
01-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
That's one thing I was going to tinker with, actually...not a bad idea. My designer wanted 500 bucks for a dark clone of the current style; we'll see if perhaps I can be more economical about it

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Dark background definitely. I love this place but my eyes don't! Black means less glare, PLEASE, PLEASE, been waiting for that one...

01-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
Pentaxian

The ability to hide individual threads, but have them collected somewhere like the CP so we could unclick them again if desired.
01-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
PF Mobile

Unless I'm just overlooking it on my Ipad I do not have the drop down menu option at top that take me to various magical places like lense review data base etc. etc. Am I missing it somewhere or does it not exist? As it stands now I have to go back to the PF home page and access it that way. Not a huge issue, takes only a minute or so but I really like having the option at top to move around to various places.
01-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by melvis2 Quote
Unless I'm just overlooking it on my Ipad I do not have the drop down menu option at top that take me to various magical places like lense review data base etc. etc. Am I missing it somewhere or does it not exist? As it stands now I have to go back to the PF home page and access it that way. Not a huge issue, takes only a minute or so but I really like having the option at top to move around to various places.

If you scroll down the forum listings a bit, there should be some links to those sections.

Adam

01-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #8

Photos: Albums
Guess I'm just used to them being at top, next time I log on mobile I'll check it out. Thanks for the info Adam!
01-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Hi Adam,

for a long time I've thought that it would be neat to have a mode where you could scroll through just the photos on a thread, perhaps similar to flickr's slideshow mode. I could imagine happily browsing through (for example) the 15mm thread that way for inspiration/etc. Clicking on a photo could take you to the post it came from...
01-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by acrollet Quote
Hi Adam,

for a long time I've thought that it would be neat to have a mode where you could scroll through just the photos on a thread, perhaps similar to flickr's slideshow mode. I could imagine happily browsing through (for example) the 15mm thread that way for inspiration/etc. Clicking on a photo could take you to the post it came from...
perhaps that doesn't count as a "small" feature!
01-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
When we migrate to a different forum software solution, we'll have that. I really want to see it as well but I guess I could try to work on a temporary low-fi version of the feature.

BTW, I think that if users embed using the fancybox feature, you can scroll through all the images using your mouse scrollwheel. Most people don't know about it, though!

Adam

01-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
Veteran Member

ah, nice to hear that it's on the radar - probably not worth the effort right now if a migration is in the cards...
01-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It's in the cards for sure. I don't want to rush things but I would say that at some point in 2013 we will switch to XenForo, as by then I will have plenty of experience writing add-ons for it and will have enough time to convert our equipment databases and other systems.

Regarding the dark style- I tried it and I failed miserably. Going to bring the pros on board!

Adam

01-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #14
Closed Account

Click here for one I've mentioned before.
01-21-2012, 03:00 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Maybe I'm missing this feature, but I still can't find it - when we post new threads with photos, we fill in the info on camera, lens, setting, etc.
It'd be nice to have this data searchable: e.g. when I want to check the images taken with some particular lens (for example browsing the lens reviews section or separately).

So checking review page on , say, FA* 200mm f/2.8, it'd be nice to have a button there like "PHOTOS TAKEN WITH THIS LENS" which will bring you the list of threads with such photos posted.

What'd you say? Is it possible?

P.S. I know there's a feature filtering cameras in POST YOUR PHOTOS section, but no LENS filtering unfortunately...