Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Problems with Google Chrome and PF

I use Google Chrome as my main browser, but I have trouble browsing with it in the Pentax Forums. Quite frequently, when I click on a link, the browser hangs up and does not receive a response from the website. This does not happen with Safari. I hope that this issue can be addressed.

Rob

02-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Might be one of our third-party scripts. Can you describe the specific problem?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

robgo2... I use Chrome on several different machines, and I haven't seen any problems.

Awhile back, I was getting Chrome problems (not specific to PF) that would regularly hang pages. The solution was to turn off "pre-fetching" in Chrome, which appears to be buggy at best. Under your Options/Preferences - Under the hood, deselect "predict network actions to improve page load performance". This change eliminated all problems for me (again, on varied machines).

Good luck!
02-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chrome works better for me now under Win7 than it ever did under Win XP. Pretty smooth now.

02-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I use chrome across all three of my workstations, my laptop and my netbook - no issues here...
02-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Just in case, try clearing your browser cache. Chrome really likes caching scripts, and chances are you might have an old version of one of ours.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Just in case, try clearing your browser cache. Chrome really likes caching scripts, and chances are you might have an old version of one of ours.
Adam,

The problem seems to be that when I click on a link (e.g. the heading of a Forum thread), I can see that Chrome is sending a signal to the website but is not receiving a response. Sometimes, if I stop the download and try again, it will work.

How exactly does one clear the browser cache? I am on a Mac using OS 10.6.8.

Thanks,
Rob
02-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It's under options -> under the hood -> privacy -> clear browsing data

Adam

02-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's under options -> under the hood -> privacy -> clear browsing data
Thanks, Adam. Browsing cache has been cleared. Now I will see if the performance improves.

Rob