Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Adam, is this estimate of your visitors and traffic close?

http://pentaxforums.com.visualizetraffic.com

I've check a number of sites from ones hardly anyone knows about to ones everyone knows about and its conclusions of the traffic and required servers for each seems "believable" ; I have no idea about how right. I guess I could check by employer's own corporate site in one case.

They state:
Where does this data come from?
We pull in various variables about every website we visualize, then combine that data and come up with an estimate. Of course this number is not always correct, but it usually does come close.

Well that’s pretty useless as to “how” and where they get their numbers.

WTF?

02-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yup, that's pretty close to the actual numbers, though I have no idea where their data might be from, either. Alexa perhaps?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
m8o
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, that's pretty close to the actual numbers, though I have no idea where their data might be from, either. Alexa perhaps?
My former boss suggested them too. I'd never heard of them before but I'm sure learning about them now that factors into it. Not sure how they devise the traffic metrics tho. Maybe tho that's mined from stats drawn from the google analytics .js included in all the pages? don't know much about that tho.

Thanx for the reply and quenching my curiosity.
02-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I tested it with a site that doesn't use GA, and it didn't work for that, so yes, I think that might be it.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

BTW, are you ready for the new traffic record that we will set tomorrow?

Adam

02-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
interesting stats not sure how accurate it is, i use google analytics on 2 of my sites both pretty new

GA says they get 60 visitors/day and 350 visitors/day but visualizetraffic.com says they get 1,150 v/day and 2,950 v/day heh

man each time i visit pentaxforums.com, the design and layout/theme looks more awesome ! great work
02-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #7

Alexa traffic rank: 24,124
Traffic rank in the US: 21,214

W007! 100th post for me lol yay!

02-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
m8o
Veteran Member

Original Poster
BTW, are you ready for the new traffic record that we will set tomorrow?
HaHa! Hadn't considered that but great point; I will now.
02-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Today was the 3rd highest, I believe Why are rumors always so much more popular than quality content?

Well, I guess it's not rumors that people are after. We've got the facts, and they get unleashed at seven. Hang on!

Adam

02-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #10
m8o
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The site was always there when I loaded it today so the servers held-up.

So any traffic record set as thought might be?
02-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Set it was Details to follow.

Adam