Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Redundant announcements in my e-mail

I understand being excited about the new K-01, I really do. And I understand sending an e-mail announcing it. But, I fail to see the need for two e-mails about it. I received one e-mail on 1 Feb at 23:06 with the subject "New Pentax K-01 Announced." And another one on 2 Feb at 06:27 with the subject "Pentax K-01 Live." Both e-mails contained the same link, to: Pentax K-01 Officially Announced - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

As far as I can tell, there's really no different content in the 2nd e-mail, which came less than 8 hours after the first - did the situation change somehow in that short amount of time? Please try to keep the e-mails fresh, and don't just send me the same content over and over...

02-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We only e-mail you about news we believe is exciting and relevant. If you don't want to receive mailings, you can always opt out via the link at the bottom

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #3

Original Poster
I get that. But why e-mail me the same thing twice in less than 8 hours? Is it that exciting?
02-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

jswilson
Just close your account .
This way no more e-mail and you can still read the post in the forum
You have sent 3 messages from inception and out of dates 2 today for these email

02-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #5

Original Poster
So, if I understand this, what you're saying is Pentax Forums should only listen to suggestions from people with lots of posts? I can't have an opinion about what I want in my e-mail unless I'm a "veteran member," is that it?

That doesn't seem to jibe with "Friendly Pentax Camera Forum" so I'm sure I'm not understanding your meaning.
02-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No, you made a somewhat snotty post about an insignificant issue that could have been a simple private email - and it wasn't even worth that.

Welcome!