Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New Feature: Hide Poll Results

New Feature: Hide Poll Results

When posting a new thread with a poll, users now have the option to hide the poll results permanently or until the poll ends.

In order to further prevent voting bias, the results for all 2008 official photo contest polls will be hidden until the winner is declared. You will see this new feature in action in the poll for the December 'Wildlife' contest, which will be up later today!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good move

I think that is a good move, Mo. Thanks.
01-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
Syb
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Me too thinks it's a good move. For me visibility of the so-far results only after voting would be nice, too, though. I tend to forget whom I voted for. I do remember that the minute after, but not two weeks later.
01-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not working!

You can view all the submissions in the submissions thread!

01-03-2008, 07:33 PM   #5
m8o
Veteran Member

Syb, the option you voted for is italicized. It's subtle, but your choice is available to you.

Me, I'd like to see results, after voting ; but I also hate waiting for surprises. Take last month's challenge. With the few very vocal about seeing people's submissions and making the connections, the person who won was a one-timer to the board, was never here before or after. Everyone voted on merit, not favorites.
01-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
You can view all the submissions in the submissions thread!
I think I've explained that before- it's so that the attachments I link to within the poll thread are visible to all users.

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Syb, the option you voted for is italicized. It's subtle, but your choice is available to you.

Me, I'd like to see results, after voting ; but I also hate waiting for surprises. Take last month's challenge. With the few very vocal about seeing people's submissions and making the connections, the person who won was a one-timer to the board, was never here before or after. Everyone voted on merit, not favorites.
M8o,

I do agree that having the results visible after voting would possibly be an even better alternative, but due to the nature of modifying the forum software, at this time that's not possible to do.

At least voting bias should be gone now- in the future we will address the issues that remain!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: