Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mini challenges, etc. seem to be broken

Something changed a few days ago in the mini challenges forum. The first post from page 1 of each thread has started appearing on every new page in the thread, the images associated with each thread in the headers seems to have gone a bit random. Was something changed around Friday or Saturday?

Richard.

02-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, I went ahead and enabled both thread thumbnails and the sticky first post- figuring members will mostly likely want to see the info from the first post on all pages. I know that the thumbnails won't apply to all threads, but they're there if you need them

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, I went ahead and enabled both thread thumbnails and the sticky first post- figuring members will mostly likely want to see the info from the first post on all pages. I know that the thumbnails won't apply to all threads, but they're there if you need them
Ah. Understood. Not broken, just different. To me, and at least one other that I know of, it seems strange to have an old post, sometimes two or three years old from over 100 pages before, appear at the top of a new page. But it's not a problem.

Richard.
02-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah that's a good point- maybe we'll change it back for the mini-challenges and change it only for the weekly challenges section (since those are updated every week).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, Adam. Looks better now.

Richard.
02-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
To me, and at least one other that I know of, it seems strange to have an old post, sometimes two or three years old from over 100 pages before, appear at the top of a new page.
I'm not that "other", but I prefer not having the (sometimes long) blurb at the top. If people don't know what they are looking at, they can go to the first page. If they do know, it is not needed.