Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #16

Actually I have found this group to be helpful and friendly. Some have more knowledge in certain areas than others. I'm not technical, for example, and if my camera was in pieces I'd get it to a qualified repairman.

02-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
that camera was long before my time; do you really expect the experts to drop into your thread and begin supporting your dinosaur?? good luck.
02-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
Veteran Member

You are asking a question that has a very low possibility of being answered any where, not that it hurts to ask. There are numerous cameras out there. Many people do not do their own repairs. Of the small subset that do, many have not worked on that specific camera. of the small subset that have, many may not have worked on that specific part of the camera. Of the small subset that have, many may not have one in front of them to look at, and they would probably have to take theirs apart to check for you. Do you see how few people out there could even answer that question?
I asked for help disassembling a particular vivitar lens and posted pictures. I got no responses, ever. It's not because anyone was rude or didn't want to help, its because very few people have probably disasembled that particular lens and remember the pertanant details much less dimensions of parts. The same people have been very courteous and helpful with other questions. Why? Because they knew the answer. I can understand your frustration (I never got that lens apart, and now that I want to reassemble the little bit I did get apart, I have lost the aperture ring detente ball). You are asking a question most can not answer. If you were to ask me the size of the detente ball I lost, I wouldn't have a clue.

If there is anyone around here that likes asking a lot of stupid questions its me, but people are still courteous enough to try and answer.
02-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I read the first post regarding the Super Program shutter dial and did not respond because I had nothing to offer. Simply put.

There are literally only a handful of people on this site who would attempt a repair on a Super Program and maybe only one or two who have actually done such. The lack of response is a reflection of the level of expertise, nothing more. This is primarily a user's forum, not a repair site. The standard answer is to "send it to Eric" because most of us with experience know that repair of a valuable and not-easily-replaceable camera is best left to the pros.

Now, this site may well stink, but it is not because we willfully deny people helpful information. If we have a meaningful suggestion based on experience, it is usually offered within a few hours, if not minutes. It begs the question however, to expect that we can give a meaningful suggestion on a botched repair job when most of us would not have attempted the repair ourselves.

Steve

02-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Ditto

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
I've never put anyone on my Ignore List before..... Until now.

You must be a great guy at parties.
Agreed

Moi aussi ... et adieu. J
02-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #21
Pentaxian

"Stinks" only when you have unrealistic expectations

QuoteOriginally posted by mlee999 Quote
... I post 2 threads viewed by over 150 people and no one responds
Madame ou Monsieur,

I would wholeheartedly disagree with your above-listed post.

I would image that +98% of the PF members are not even knowledgeable enough to respond ... like me.

We (PF) don't "stink" ... next time maybe resubmit and ask again (politely) ... and be patient.

J

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 02-22-2012 at 07:18 AM.
02-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mlee999 Quote
... I post 2 threads viewed by over 150 people and no one responds
Isn't it odd that he (she) posts a comment a like this and gets over 20 return comments in about 12 hours, but doesn't return comment yet! How rude!!!

02-22-2012, 06:32 AM   #23
Veteran Member

This group does not stink at all. There's a huge amount of knowledge here and generally the people here are very friendly and helpfull. Since comming to this forum I've greatly expanded my own knowledge.

If the OP would have bumped his topics a few times, he would have had helpfull reactions for sure.
02-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wonder if he realizes he just insulted 41,782 people?
02-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #25

I note he has not responded to anyone in this thread. Therefore, he sucks.
02-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #26
Veteran Member

My guess is either he was a troll or has moved on with the assumption we won't help him. Considering the difficulty of his question, if he uses that kind of attitude and impatience elsewhere, he not likely to get any help.
02-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #27
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
My guess is either he was a troll or has moved on with the assumption we won't help him.
It would be difficult to help him. He was having problems with reassembly of the shutter dial on a Super Program film camera. Unfortunately for him, that camera does not have a shutter dial. It has two buttons.

Steve
02-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #28
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I wonder if he realizes he just insulted 41,782 people?
Probably not intentionally...the original post was in the film slr section, so he only insulted those users. Unfortunately, they are some of the most helpful, steady, and mild-mannered people on the Pentax Forums!

Steve
02-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Probably not intentionally...the original post was in the film slr section, so he only insulted those users. Unfortunately, they are some of the most helpful, steady, and mild-mannered people on the Pentax Forums!
Well of course they're the most mild-mannered... they already have their FF option
02-22-2012, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh dear God, somebody call the Waambulance...
Closed Thread