Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #1

Voting on April photo competition

When the emailed invitation to vote on the April photo competition entries was received by me yesterday (Wednesday 11th April) voting had already closed.

What was the point of the invitation?

04-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sure where you saw that, as the current poll doesn't close until April 22nd.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/contest-voting/180999-contest-poll-contes...ml#post1891355

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #3

Original Poster
I clicked on the link in the email and found my way to a listing of the photos on your website. I ran down the listing from end to end, maximising several that caught my eye. When I had picked a couple that I liked I tried to find how one votes. After scrutinising the display for a while fruitlessly I spotted a small panel saying that voting was closed. I then spotted another identical one elswhere on the same display.

Perhaps you could give me a clue to how I can find the facility for voting?
Also, when voting how are the particular photos to be identified. I was not able to spot any identifying reference against each photo.
04-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Here is the voting page, as referenced above:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/contest-voting/180999-contest-poll-contes...2012-wind.html

The numbers above each photo correspond to the numbers in the poll.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you, Adam. The presentation I see is different from what I saw last night and does provide the wherewithal for voting. I recognise many of the photos I see from the list I saw last night but not all. In fact my very favourite of last night is not there.

I have picked half a dozen or so and checked the boxes against their numbers but am disappointed not to be able to include my first preference.
04-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It could be that you were looking at another batch of photos last time- there's quite a few on the site, after all

Also, if you're using the secure version of our site, be advised that some external photos may not load if they do not support the https protocol.

Adam

04-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you again for your trouble.

Clearly there is some difference between the two batches of photos but too many of the entries I saw today are recognisable from the batch I saw last night for this to be mere coincidence. Furthermore, I found my way to the batch I saw yesterday by clicking on the link in the email notification specifically about this competition received at mine. I do not get back to the same display today by clicking on the same link so something has changed on the website in the interim.

The display I saw yesterday showed a long series of thumbnails, one above the other, on the left of the screen which could be expanded by clickng on them (and had to be expanded to be viewed critically). Since my favourite, a picture submitted by a Western Australia of a tree grossly deformed by prolonged exposure to wind, expanded without any demur yesterday I can't believe failure to conform to any protocols is an impediment now. #65 in today's list embodies a similar idea but the tree shown is not nearly so deformed and, moreover, I like the other one better because it was taken in strong critical light which shows texture and saturated colour - a photograph which looks like a photograph in contrast to some of the arty-crafty ones which hide behind a facile atmospheric mistiness and monochromaticism. (Don't get me wrong, I have included #65 among my favourites - it is quite an image.)