Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
what stay online benefit?

you say Did you know that PentaxForums.com relies on its members to stay online?

Why? What benefit results?

I'm on-line perhaps half the day, but how does that help?

Dave

04-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Perhaps it should be read as follows

"Did you know that PentaxForums.com relies on its members to stay online".
04-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Perhaps change to

"Did you know that PentaxForums.com relies on its members to keep it operating."

Ok Adam, I hereby give you permission to use this tagline for free.
04-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote
I'm on-line perhaps half the day, but how does that help?
lol I've never read it that way, but I don't think your reading is wrong.
What it is meant to say is that the Pentax forum needs donations for the forum to stay online. Whether users are online or not doesn't really matter to it, unless it somehow gets ad revenue (which I doubt it does, as I don't see any ads).

04-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, the donations help keep the forum ad-free. We spend thousands every month to pay for the server, maintenance, article writing, and software development costs. That's why you see new features and content popping up all the time!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, the donations help keep the forum ad-free. We spend thousands every month to pay for the server, maintenance, article writing, and software development costs. That's why you see new features and content popping up all the time!
I got confused by the existing, wondering what good it did the forums for me to stay rather than come & go! I would have understood the following.

"We rely on member donations to keep PentaxForums online".