Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Which new theme is your favorite?
Dark White 741.18%
Dark Yellow 741.18%
Dark Blue 317.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New dark skin launched!

A dark skin has just been added to the style selector. To read more about it, visit this news post:

New Dark Forum Skin - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

There is also a new dark yellow scheme with more contrast, as well as a dark blue scheme. All can be selected via the style selector at the bottom of the page.

Name:  blue.png
Views: 1457
Size:  20.7 KB

Name:  red.png
Views: 26400
Size:  20.7 KB

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Winner. More choice, and this one is a welcome addition to the skins available. Thanks for the constant work on the forum.
04-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I agree a very pleasant and easy on the eyes skin.
04-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi,

I can't get the style selector to work to change from the black skin as it doesn't give me a choice.

Regards.

04-25-2012, 02:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Loving the dark skin, the greys are very nice. Just a couple of comments, all meant constructively

1. the red hyperlinked text (in the body of a post, not the author name) seems to be a bit too bright. This might just be because it is bold (?) as well, the non-bold red text in Adam's sig isn't quite so blinding.

2. the dark blue moderator names are a bit too dark and hard to see.
04-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks very nice, Adam. Good work. The gray is very nice for viewing photos, though I'll stick with the light background for reading, as it's easier on my eyes. Thanks much for the choice and hard work you put in on this. BTW, the new dark skin works great with an older Safari browser as well as updated Firefox.

QuoteOriginally posted by thoughton Quote
Loving the dark skin, the greys are very nice. Just a couple of comments, all meant constructively

1. the red hyperlinked text (in the body of a post, not the author name) seems to be a bit too bright. This might just be because it is bold (?) as well, the non-bold red text in Adam's sig isn't quite so blinding.

2. the dark blue moderator names are a bit too dark and hard to see.
I noticed these, too, Thoughton.
04-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I don't like it. Hard on my eyes.

I changed to the gray, but it is not the original. Which one was orig?

04-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Style selector doesn't show up for me either. Using Ubuntu Linux and tried it with both firefox and chrome......
04-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great job Adam et al !
I am sure lots of people will like the "new skin".

Personally, I liked the overall effect at first but after a few minutes, the new dark style with very contrasty red lettering became a real annoyance for me, although I can survive with the forum default style which is mostly white with red accents ... not so contrasty.

Some people will experience visual "problems" with a very dark background and "light and flashy" foreground/lettering ... I am one of those.

So, I am back to the default style and I switch to the classic green once in a while to relax my eyes.

JP

Last edited by jpzk; 04-25-2012 at 07:56 AM.
04-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thoughton Quote

I agree - like the dark skin, hate the bright red lettering. Something more muted like a light grey would work better for the foreground/lettering.

It was hard on the eyes, so I changed back.... I still think it's a great idea if a different font color could be selectable.

04-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like it. Much easier on the eyes. Thanks!
04-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Not a moment too soon. My eyes are just fried this morning. No picture taking for me today unfortunately. I can barely see to type this. Everything is all blurry today. Thanks, this really helps and it looks nice besides!
04-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
For those of you having a hard time reading the red, here is a yellow version:

Pentax Forum - Camera & Photography Community - PentaxForums.com

What do you think?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
For those of you having a hard time reading the red, here is a yellow version:

Pentax Forum - Camera & Photography Community - PentaxForums.com

What do you think?
Much better indeed!
I would still like the lettering a little less "bright", but, nonetheless a very good change!

Thanks Adam!

JP
04-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
Style selector doesn't show up for me either. Using Ubuntu Linux and tried it with both firefox and chrome......
Steve - it's on the left side of the black bar at the bottom of the page. I'm using FF and Chrome on PCLinuxOS, and it's working for me.