Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
Banned

Photos: Albums
Getting script messages??

Hello there!

Getting a "script message"; possibly reason for concern, possibly not.

I'm getting htis from some three seperate computer systems; all running versions of Windows, on this site only. I'm entering the site under the "Pentax Forums" search (no script yet), and then clicking on the Pentax Forum listing towards the left side of the page - I believe it's the second option down on the column.

Then to be more specific; it reads... Windows Internet Explorer; on the frame border... (then a symbol) showing a yellow triangle with an explanation point)...

Stop running this script?
A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

It then gives the option of a selection; which one would naturally choose to stp running the script.

Anyone else running into this one? Or should I just make the page one of the favorites to see if this one can be dodged?

04-27-2012, 05:25 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
This thread could help you
error - stop running this script

Depends on your machine. Try to update Java also.
04-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't bother updating Java as it's not being used here, but yeah, control+F5 is the solution. You browser probably has an old version of some script.

BTW, upgrade to IE9 if you're running IE8 or earlier, if possible.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
Banned

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you for the ideas; and even as a computer professional (more computer professional here than photography one); there was an idea or two that I didn't think of doing. Thanks again!!