Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Forum Member

Unable to leave feedback

Hi,

I purchased a lens listed in the thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/181148-sale-...n-adaptor.html

When I tried to leave a positive feedback the page gives the error "The deal URL is invalid!". But I did not fill the URL field on my own, rather I clicked "Leave feedback" from the page where the lens is listed for sale and it automatically filled in the URL field. The I filled all the other fields and clicked "submit". I contacted the moderator but he asked me to post it here in the help section. I am unable to figure out what's going wrong, because this is how I left all the feedback in the past. I searched it in the forum and found a couple of posts on the same issue but they did not help me. I still doubt if it is possible to solve it without the moderator's intervention. But I may be wrong; if any of you understand this riddle please help me out.

Thanking,
Sunil

Last edited by tmsunil; 04-29-2012 at 09:36 PM.
04-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Indeed, moderators are only for moderating, not technical support

I went ahead and logged in through your account and successfully left feedback for the user. It turned out that the system was rejecting secure (https) URLs, so I took the 's' out and then it went through just fine. I've patched this so the system won't care in the future.

You should be able to edit the placeholder feedback comments that I left, but if not, let me know what you want to say and I'll make the edits for you.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Indeed, moderators are only for moderating, not technical support

I went ahead and logged in through your account and successfully left feedback for the user. It turned out that the system was rejecting secure (https) URLs, so I took the 's' out and then it went through just fine. I've patched this so the system won't care in the future.

You should be able to edit the placeholder feedback comments that I left, but if not, let me know what you want to say and I'll make the edits for you.
Thank you Adam, yes I knew that eventually you will come to help me, but I could only find the link "contact moderator", did not see anything like "contact Adam(inistrator)". I thought the moderators will escalate it to you.

Again, I could not edit the feedback you left, there's nothing wrong in what you have left, just add "Purchased A 35-105/3.5. Thank you." as the additional note in the "more details" field. This will help me to trace what I purchased from whom.

Once again thank you Adam for the quick action; no wonder why everyone likes this forum so mcuh.
04-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The help forum is where you can reach me. We ask that all requests be posted here so that others can see the solutions

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: