Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Inserting Images

I've searched the forum and can't find an answer to this particular question, but maybe I'm missing something.

When some judges in the Weekly Challenges want to insert winners' images into the "winners" threads, they have trouble figuring out how to do it. Inserting images from Flickr accounts seems particularly troublesome. Is there a tutorial on the forum that shoes members how to insert photos? Could it be made into a "sticky" at the head of the Weekly Challenges page? To be clear, I'm not talking about inserting one's own images, but those contributed by others.

05-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You can usually just copy the image on flickr and drag or paste it in the the editor here. Or, you can use IMG bbcode, which is documented in a sticky in the PYP forum as well as here: PentaxForums.com - BB Code List

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. I didn't realize you could copy, drag and paste an image from Flickr. I'll have to try that.
05-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You can drag any HTML image, as long the link to that image on whatever site you're dragging from isn't relative (i.e. it must include http://www)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Adam, I've just inserted few images here: "Capture a stranger street style". The files are on my web-server and http links are used as per the instructions. Yet in my Firefox I see that the pictures are a bit stretched, making them look worse than they do without a stretch. What can I do about that?
05-01-2012, 10:29 PM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Your image scaling options are in the user cp- you can choose to increase the limit on image dimensions, or lift it entirely.
05-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Thanks, Adam. It worked. Brilliant!