Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Iphone Webclip Bookmark

Suggestion: Can you creat a webclip bookmark for the site?

I am not a tech guy but I found the info here iPhone Dev Center - Apple Developer Connection on how to do it click the Create Web Clip Book mark section or read here:

iPhone and iPod touch allow a user to save a WebClip bookmark to your site on their Home Screen.

To specify a bookmark icon for all pages of a web site, place a PNG image named "apple-touch-icon.png" at the root directory of your web server - similar to the "favicon.ico" for site icons.

To override the site bookmark icon on a specific web page, insert a <link> element similar to <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/customIcon.png"/> within the <head> element of the page.

The bookmark icon dimensions should be 57x57 pixels. If the icon is a different size it will be scaled and cropped to fit.

Safari will automatically composite the icon with the standard "glassy" overlay so it looks like a built-in iPhone or iPod application.

As new Iphone user I have created a weblink on my phone. But wish I had a cool logo instead of the plain one they use if you don't have one of these logo things.

What do you think Adam?

01-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Actually anyone with a website can creat one that will work on my iphone. So if you have one and want me to try it list the site here
01-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not a Mac user and I definitely didn't know about this earlier, but uploading and converting a single PNG file wasn't much of a problem. I hope you're able to make a 'WebClip' the next time you log on from your iPhone!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-17-2008, 06:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I will try it later. Cool thanks.

01-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Tried it works like a charm. Thanks
01-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #6
Veteran Member