Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Disable it for PF and you should be fine. If the script blocker isn't implemented properly, it will cause the page to lock up rather than allowing other things to be fetched.
Firefox 12. I can PM the Frame.htm file if you need. Everything but Google Syndication is enabled. I'll have to figure out what to disable.

05-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Sounds like it's your ad blocker, honestly. You might want to switch to Ad Block Plus instead, as it doesn't break our site.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC EA 2)
Timestamp: Thu, 10 May 2012 23:25:02 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 98
Code: 0
URI: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/clientscript/vbulletin_wholiked.js
05-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Webpage error details User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC EA 2) Timestamp: Thu, 10 May 2012 23:25:02 UTC Message: Object doesn't support this property or method Line: 1 Char: 98 Code: 0 URI: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/c...in_wholiked.js
I'll take care of this one. You should upgrade your IE, though.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Sounds like it's your ad blocker, honestly. You might want to switch to Ad Block Plus instead, as it doesn't break our site.
FWIW I run AdBlock+ and NoScript2.4, and have for many years. DK whether this is a FF issue (getting bloated) or an update to AB+ or NS. I turned everything off one by one and the Login page improved dramatically. Turning off googleapis disabled the three bricks in the banner head so I turned them back on - and the site slowed down again.

Another possibility is McAfee Scriptblocker which I had previously disabled. That was auto-installed with the last update (TYVM arrogant jerks, I can take care of myself). I remember the days of loading enhanced memory managers and having to play all night to get the order right.

I should just bite the bullet and go Apple.
05-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I should just bite the bullet and go Apple.
It's not your computer
05-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

@selar -that compatibility issue has been fixed for IE8.

Regarding the login area, it requires scripting in order to work. I believe we use the google CDN for jquery delivery, so if you block that, the whole system will crash as you'll be getting js errors left and right.

05-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam, I have no control over what browser I run at work. At home its latest versions all the way!
05-17-2012, 06:47 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been having the same problem that started showing up a few weeks ago as well. IE8 on Windows XP. This is the only site where I've ever had any scrip warning message show up.

Looking for ideas.
Mike C.
05-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

What's the name of the script that's giving you issues? I'm thinking it's probably the facebook and google plus button code.

BTW, if you're not using IE9, I strongly recommend either upgrading to that version, or getting a different modern browser. IE8 is pretty bad as far as supporting standards goes.

Adam

05-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where could I find the script info that is trying to run.
If it makes any difference in diagnosing the problem when I clink on a direct link from my email such a notification to a new post
on a topic I have responded to that page will open fine. It's only when I navigate away to another page do I start getting the scrip errors.

Thanks
Mike C.
05-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If you click on F12, you'll get a debug menu. Click on the script tab and see if there are any errors there. If not, click on start debugging and reload the page.

Adam

05-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I have the same problem; IE8/XP (yes, yes, upgrade...). The home page displays the not-responding script warning & threatens that my computer may become unresponsive. Occasionally it crashes the browser. Once I manage to log in or even just get off the home page everything is fine. Going to try setting the bookmark to my account page rather than the home page & see if that helps. I suspect all those stupid extra facebook/twitter etc. buttons?

(Edit: getting onto the forum through some page other than the home page seems to work for me.)

Last edited by Alliecat; 05-20-2012 at 11:20 AM.
05-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #29
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alliecat Quote
suspect all those stupid extra facebook/twitter etc. buttons

I originally thought that idea as well, but...

I did a fresh Windows reboot and then additionally took every bit of possible vaporware out;down to the absolute bare minimum for Windows; not even any security or anything outside of Windows and IE. But i also later tried under other internet browsers as well. The same script warning still came up; this site only. No other script warnings with any other site.

I even tried it with a brand new iPad 2 & 3 (naturally seperately) and the same script issue.

Not sure about Apple/Mac long term, but... Windows 7 is basically so redundant that it would be almost impossible to damae it; or ones computer beyond the need to go back to a former restore point.

So if one does run the restore point at least once a week; and then after that switches out of administrator mode; one technically should be fine.
05-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #30
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Well then, what script is it? I can't look into the problem unless someone who's experiencing it is able to identify the issue.

I'm unable to reproduce it in ie7/8/9, firefox, or webkit.