Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2012, 05:02 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Something has changed somewhere, for the past few days I have not gotten any script errors. On one day I did get the message pop up " do you want to view content that was not delivered securely" or something close to that message wording. Nothing changed on my computer.

05-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In my experience this is limited to my XP machine.
05-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #33
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike C Quote
Something has changed somewhere, for the past few days I have not gotten any script errors. On one day I did get the message pop up " do you want to view content that was not delivered securely" or something close to that message wording. Nothing changed on my computer.
That to be expected on some pages, as sometimes members post pictures that can't be served securely even if you're browsing the secure version of our site.

If you guys have any specifics as to what script is causing any of the issues mentioned in this thread, please let me know. I've corrected a few bugs over the past weeks so things should be working even in IE7/8.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just had the scripting problem show up again. When I opened up the site from the home page is when it happened. Going directly to a page within the site and moving around from there has been working well the last few days.

Attached is what I hope is the script info your looking for.

Hope this helps.
Mike C.

Attached Files
File Type: doc pentax script.doc (384.5 KB, 544 views)
05-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #35
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That's just the page source- I need to know which script on that page (it's likely in a different file) is causing the problem. When the script error comes up, your browser should give you a debug option which shows you where it's blowing up.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After hitting F12 and then the script tab and the debug, what is attached is what came up.Mike C.
Attached Files
File Type: doc pentax script 2.doc (265.5 KB, 520 views)
05-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Whoa - 21 pages.

<SCRIPT> 73| <OBJECT>0 is the problem.

My internet connection is busy for 15-20 seconds on the Login page communicating with someone before the UserID box is active to accept keystrokes (I can click the UID box but it will not accept focus until whatever script quits running)..

05-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #38
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The login box makes an ajax call, so if your browser/ad blocker is for some reason blocking that, it will lock up your browser.

Adam

05-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Problem is still there. It's not our computers its PF. Seems to have something to do with the advertising crap. Please don't ask us to explain in geek speak.
If I go in through a board page rather than the forum home and LOG IN then there seams to be no problem once logged in. .
Tried to get an error report but when the script message comes up it locks up my computer and f12 does nothing!
I'm using windows7 and IE8 and my local computer dude advised me to avoid this site till it's fixed.

Last edited by seacapt; 05-22-2012 at 07:18 AM.
05-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The login box makes an ajax call, so if your browser/ad blocker is for some reason blocking that, it will lock up your browser.
It isn't locking the browser - it just takes 15 seconds to complete the ajax call, during which time my network activity monitor processes up and down stream traffic without interruption.

Of note, this seems only to happen on XP machines. Win7 is a normal login routine using the same script manager and settings.
05-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It isn't locking the browser - it just takes 15 seconds to complete the ajax call, during which time my network activity monitor processes up and down stream traffic without interruption.

Of note, this seems only to happen on XP machines. Win7 is a normal login routine using the same script manager and settings.
when i was having the issue it was far more than 15 seconds in fact it was basically freezing my whole machine (the combination of XP and corporate blocking software really doesn't like the Ajax call) In fact I would have to reboot
I was able to get the corporate software disabled due to the nature of my job requiring me to access sites not needed in other positions (as a purchaser i use the web extensively)
05-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
when i was having the issue it was far more than 15 seconds in fact it was basically freezing my whole machine (the combination of XP and corporate blocking software really doesn't like the Ajax call) In fact I would have to reboot
I was able to get the corporate software disabled due to the nature of my job requiring me to access sites not needed in other positions (as a purchaser i use the web extensively)
Interesting - I guess it is time to relegate that machine to network ,dng file storage <g>
05-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Interesting - I guess it is time to relegate that machine to network ,dng file storage <g>
Not my machine (or choice believe me I want a new machine - this POS is 10 years old - There is a Capex proposal underway to replace machines building wide, mine better be at the top of the list it's the oldest machine in the building grrr)
05-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #44
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think I know what needs to be done to fix this issue in IE. Generally, all ajax calls default to run in asynchronous mode, but this needs to be specified explicitly in IE on XP for some reason I will make that change and see if it fixes anything. That should prevent your browser from locking up even if the call fails.
05-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
If I go in through a board page rather than the forum home and LOG IN then there seams to be no problem once logged in. .
I had to read the Wikipedia article to find out what an "Ajax call" is, & although most of it could have been in Chinese, I now understand why facebook crashes my older computer (just one reason I don't much use fb...)
I set my bookmark to my subscribed-threads page & have no problem getting in. I'd recommend doing that for anyone who has trouble -- just avoid the home page & log in elsewhere.