Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Script running on home page slows down IE

For the past few weeks when I go to the forum home page I get a message that a script is running that may shut down IE. Whats Up?

05-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Check for viruses in your PC...I got IE 8 - no problem so far and have never seen such message.
05-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
@seacapt @Vasyl Why don't you guys try Google Chrome ? Much faster and less prone to viruses
05-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try hard refreshing by hitting control + f5. If you're using IE < 9, either upgrade to 9 or get a different modern browser.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

i had issues with the script in firefox, but it was the bloody web monitoring software at work (which I managed to get turned off as it was interfering with my job (and this site)
05-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #6
Banned

Photos: Albums
I've also noticed it here; on numerous computer, using different operatings systems and different browsers - all of the computers completely checked for any "internal issues such as viruses - none".

Sure one can in fact ignore the warning ad disable the scrip warning - not at all suggested. One will also frequently also see the warning to have the option to stop running the script - very strongly suggested.
05-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You know what script is causing the problem? It might be the facebook or google plus block.

05-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Veteran Member

for me it was either FB or Google + started about 6-8 weeks back
05-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

And your browser version?
05-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
Veteran Member

firefox 10.0.2
05-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If you're running FF, download and install a plugin called firebug, then hit F12 and see if you get any errors under the script tab or net tab. If you do, paste them here.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
Veteran Member

many downloads are blocked unfortunately on this computer it's a work one. (it's a huge PITA) I think the script was more an issue with the blocking software. I had a section of it disabled because just about every supplier i deal with has those bloody FB/Twitter/Google+ buttons
It wasn't just this site
05-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ah, that would make sense. Bummer.

Adam

05-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I've also noticed it here; on numerous computer, using different operatings systems and different browsers - all of the computers completely checked for any "internal issues such as viruses - none".

Sure one can in fact ignore the warning ad disable the scrip warning - not at all suggested. One will also frequently also see the warning to have the option to stop running the script - very strongly suggested.
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You know what script is causing the problem? It might be the facebook or google plus block.
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
for me it was either FB or Google + started about 6-8 weeks back
+1

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
And your browser version?
I use FF most recent version. I run a script blocker and Ad blocker with Google Syndicatiopn blocked, but everything else permitted. For about 6 weeks it taked 45 - 60 seconds for the entire Login page to load. Usually the last item to load is whatever ad you are forcing into the browser header at the top of the page (currently something about the K5). When that finally loads the Login box is free toa ccept my credentials. Until that loads the page in input-unresponsive.
05-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Disable it for PF and you should be fine. If the script blocker isn't implemented properly, it will cause the page to lock up rather than allowing other things to be fetched.

Adam