Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Confusion over "Contact a Moderator" vs "Report Post"

I'm somewhat confused over when I should use "Contact a Moderator" and when I should use "Report Post". Can someone clarify which of these I should use for a given situation?

--DragonLord

05-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't know for sure but I would guess:

Report Post - A really offensive or personal attack post
Contact Moderator - When you just want to ask a moderator about something posted that you think MAY be problematic or if you're planning on posting something and you're not sure.

Just my guesses of course.
05-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Use the reporting tool for problematic content. You will generally not receive a follow-up response.

If you are in need of thread administration (i.e.a title change, lens club creation, marketplace thread restoration), have a general question that isn't appropriate for the site help forum, or have an issue with another member, use the mod contact form.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Immediately above the text box that used to report a post is this statement:

"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, misplaced threads, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. For other thread-management requests, please use the Moderator Contact Form!"

05-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for clarifying.

--DragonLord