Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

"PARTICIPATED THREADS" incomplete

So I scanned TODAY'S THREADS and found a thread in GENERAL TALK on GETTING OLDER and I posted a pithy response. With reloading the FORUMS page and further scanning of other lists, I find my post in MY POSTS and NEW POSTS... but not in PARTICIPATED THREADS. I don't have GENERAL TALK in my exclusion list. What's happening?

EDIT: Aha, NOW it shows up. But it didn't for several hours. I'm perplexed. Whatever.

Last edited by RioRico; 05-18-2012 at 11:06 AM.
05-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
EDIT: Aha, NOW it shows up. But it didn't for several hours. I'm perplexed. Whatever.
There is a delay. I don't know why, or how long it is, but sometimes it seems it can be quite a while.
05-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, searches are cached. If you want to refresh them, add nocache=1 to the end of the url, I think.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What's odd is, other posts show up quickly, no problem. And the 'missing' post was only missing from PARTICIPATED THREADS, not from TODAY'S THREADS nor MY POSTS nor NEW POSTS. [/me confused]

05-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you look at the bottom of the search page, it will show you whether or not it was cached, and if so, how old the results are.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: