Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Lens review dates all over the place

I recall a couple of weeks ago there was a poll asking if the lens reviews should be sorted by oldest first or newest first and I think the overwhelming result was newest first, which makes sense as newer cameras will be more demanding.

I receive automated mails for certain lenses and cameras, and now that they're no longer sorted by date it is a real pain to look for the most recent review.

Can they please be put in one order or the other, so at least we know where to look?

05-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are sorted by date (in descending order), although reviews with more Likes always come first.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
This is what's confusing, I think they should be ordered only by date.
05-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
This is what's confusing, I think they should be ordered only by date.
Agreed, or at least give us the option to display it this way--many of us (like yours truely) have read most of the reviews already but like to check the newer reviews that come in--the new system makes it difficult to do that.

05-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you want to keep track of new reviews, I suggest either visiting the lens database index, or following one of the lens rss feeds. There's one for the entire DB as well as one for each individual lens, accessible via the RSS icon.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: