Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Marketplace FAQ and Checklist

Marketplace FAQ:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentaxforums-com-news/79439-marketplace-o...tml#post804235

Please follow this flowchart and checklist when using the Marketplace:

When posting a new item:
Does my thread title exactly reflect the item(s) I'm selling?
Have I provided an asking price?
Have I provided sufficint details about the item, including shipping, accepted payment, location, and condition? (photos are optional but recommended)
If I'm posting an eBay link, has my item been listed for sale in the Marketplace for at least a week?

After selling:
Have I marked the thread as sold using the appropriate option in the "Thread Tools" dropdown?
Has the buyer received the item?
Have I left feedback for the buyer?
Has the buyer returned feedback?
If something has gone wrong, have I communicated with the buyer via PM? Has that resolved the problem?
If there is still a problem, have I contacted a site Administrator and filed a PayPal claim (if applicable)?

When buying:
Have I confirmed shipping location and price with the seller?
Have I verified that the seller is trustworthy?
Have I sent the payment?
Have I returned feedback for the seller?
If something has gone wrong, have I communicated with the buyer via PM? Has that resolved the problem?
If there is still a problem, have I contacted a site Administrator and filed a PayPal claim (if applicable)?

In order to sell on the Marketplace:

Keep in mind that in order to sell on the Marketplace, you either need to be a Site Supporter or Pentaxian. If you make commercial, bulk, or reseller sales, you will need to purchase special access as well. Please refer to this thread for details: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/latest-board-news/60436-changes-marketplace-access.html.

Leaving Feedback:

We ask that you exchange feedback after every completed transaction. Details on how to leave feedback can be found in this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographers-marketplace/78069-how-leave...tml#post791748. The feedback system is accessible from each member's forum profile.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-03-2008, 05:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Bump

Do you think people will listen - nahhhhhhhhhh!
05-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The fundamental problem is that it's an arduous procedure as I need to find the original thread and remember to copy the link to said thread.

Is there any way to make this a little more user friendly?

Cheers.
05-02-2008, 07:50 AM   #4

You're my FIRST!!!!!

Thanks to the marketplace for making the process so painless!!! I was able to help a young photographer to buy a lens and you allowed me to do it all by myself!! What a wonderful forum in general. Thanks again. Pat

05-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #5

Arduous? :shrugs: I've found it very simple. Finding the FS thread was as easy as opening the Marketplace forum, scrolling down the page until I came across the thread, copying the link to the clipboard, opening the seller's profile, and inputting the feedback / thread link. Took me all of about 15-20 seconds each for the sales in which I've engaged to date. I'm not sure how it could be made any easier while still maintaining (the very useful, IMO) linkage between the feedback and the FS thread. $0.02.
05-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I find it excellent ... as you can check out what easch seller/buyer is like on here.

I have used to ... as I find it will help others "trust" forum members on here.
Although so far I have found pretty much everyone on here pretty trusting ... which is nice for an International forum.
06-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #7

Nigerian Scam

Beware of Nigerian scammers inquiring about shipping to Spain and offering to pay exorbitant shipping costs but then want you to label it as a gift for Customs purposes to avoid the duty. I was contacted through an ad in Craigslist. Why is someone in Spain cruising ads in specific U.S. cities? As far as I can tell, there is no global search in Craigslist for a specific item.

Before I realized it was a scam, I replied to the e-mail and declined the offer. Then I received a follow up reply offering to pay for 2 day shipping by DHL which would have been about $180 USD. This didn't make economic sense so a little research disclosed that the scammer had Hot Mail e-mail address which I believe is untraceable. The senders name didn't sound Spanish (not Nigerian either) but it was found to be a combination of Nigerian surnames.

Just another example as to why buyers and sellers on the internet have to be very cautious. There are ways to defraud even when PayPal is used (chargebacks and unauthorized use of credit card are just a couple. They never give up and keep changing methods.

07-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #8
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
even tho i've been ripped off here already i don't have bad feelings for the board.

HEY??? If i've forgotten you, please PM me. i always try to leave FB as soon as the $$ clear. that's all a buyer is required to do. here and on ebay.. i see AH sellers that don't post until the buyer leaves it.
08-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Thread updated!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #10

clicks

hello,
i am about to put my K20d for sale.
how can i find out about the amount of clicks that my body did?
i know how many pictures the camera took, but this is not equal the amount of clicks,
because of the multi shots . one click in Multi shot can give you hundreds of pictures.
thank you

dirk
08-22-2008, 02:01 PM   #11

Click count

The easy way is to get PhotoMe which is a very useful program that reads all the exif details of any photo you take. Buried in the massof information it provides is a shutter click count. PhotoMe is free - PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor

I hope this helps.
Archie
11-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #12
Forum Member

How to post photos with the ads?

Thanks.
12-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Updating ad

I've had an ad thats a couple weeks old and now I want to lower the price. What's the best way to delete the add so I can repost? If I just modify the existing ad, it won't be placed with the new ads - correct?
02-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Not quite sure where to post this question....

How do you leave feedback for a buyer that hasn't left a post in the thread? The only contact has been through PM.
02-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Bump

Do you think people will listen - nahhhhhhhhhh!
<rant on>

Nope.
  1. "Firm Price" means what it says
    1. In return I will ask a fair price and pay all fees. So don't try to low-ball me and then never respond to my polite reply to your "offer."
  2. "I only ship to PayPal Confirmed Addresses" means what it says
    1. In return both Buyer and Seller will be protected. So don't ask me to ship to your auntie's house, that is not Confirmed, so "someone can sign for it."
  3. "Please include your PayPal email address when you PM me - I will send a PayPal Invoice to your email." means what it says.
    1. I try to make this as easy for the buyer as I can; can't you at least do this? Otherwise I cannot invoke Paypal Seller Protection (because the address won't be Confirmed). Is that, maybe . . . a REASON?
  4. Post a "PM Sent" Reply in the For Sale thread when you PM me means what it says
    1. I hate being a referree. The order of your replies to the thread, so everyone can see them, governs who gets first crack at the item. It's just common courtesy the other interested parties to let them know you have PM'ed.
  5. Ask questions - but when you specifically say you want to buy the item, pay for it immediately.
    1. Please don't PM, "I want the item, but I have questions," and then when they are answered ask more questions, and then more. I describe my items fully and add links to the major information sites for each item, including the resources here. USE THEM! By asking repetitive questions you tie up the item so others can't buy it.
    2. OTOH, a question or two about the condition of a specific item is always welcome and justified. But once you know the answer, either pay for the item or release it.
<rant off>
Closed Thread