Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Consider removing the "Pentax K-3 Announced" post

I know this may hurt the site's SEO ranking, but can you consider removing the "Pentax K-3 Announced" post from the front page? I'm aware that it has 105K hits and still counting, but is this truly necessary? Spreading false news can pose problems in the future, even though there is an April Fools disclaimer...

--DragonLord

07-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
I know this may hurt the site's SEO ranking, but can you consider removing the "Pentax K-3 Announced" post from the front page? I'm aware that it has 105K hits and still counting, but is this truly necessary? Spreading false news can pose problems in the future, even though there is an April Fools disclaimer...

--DragonLord
Good point. When I Googled K-3 a lot of sites came up, along with PF. The problem was that many of them negatively referred to the "prank" here.
07-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes REMOVE IT! Simply adds confusion and I've seen the article reused, without mentioning it was a prank, on photo rumor sites.
07-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Lol, leave it there! One of the best 1 April jokes I have seen.

07-17-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
Yes REMOVE IT! Simply adds confusion and I've seen the article reused, without mentioning it was a prank, on photo rumor sites.
I think this says something about the credibility of the "rumors" that some of those sites post. Do you see google taking down their April Fool's jokes? My personal favorite was TiSP from a couple of years ago:

Welcome to Google TiSP

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think this says something about the credibility of the "rumors" that some of those sites post. Do you see google taking down their April Fool's jokes? My personal favorite was TiSP from a couple of years ago:

Welcome to Google TiSP
What about the legit sites that refer to it in somewhat mildly negative terms? Does it do the image of the site more good because of the # of hits?