Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens reviews for all K mount lenses

Hi Adam, I would like to ask that we include all K mount lenses to the lens reviews.

As it stands right know we only review Pentax lenses, I would like to see the door opened for all K mount lenses from all manufacturers.

This would be a huge benefit to all of us.

Thanks for your time.

John

01-26-2008, 06:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

John, the subject has come up in the past and if I remember correctly there is a thread on the subject.

A search would probably help.
01-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yes, this subject has come up many times before, and although we've gotten a small list of lenses to include, we haven't been able to get anything complete.

Having said that, I've decided to open a completely new lens database in which users will not only be able to post reviews, but also upload new lens entries on their own if they find a lens not listed. Expect this to be online within the next weekend or two!

There's only one thing in the way of taking care of this immediately, and that's price. Although I've reworked a huge portion of the Lens Review Database software on my own, it's still shareware, and I would need to purchase a second license to run a separate instance. This license will cost me $200, and that will have to be covered by donations. As we currently stand, we are unfortunately still a ways off from covering this month's server charges.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam, I am impressed once again with your ability to adapt to the requests of our needs as well as pic moderators that have a great interest and owner ship of the equipment and site for the equipment that we call ours, I am also on one of the other sites, but this site gets my vote! PM will sent shortly.

Thanks again

John

01-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Here's the one we got started awhile back. The Sigma's are complete and the Tamron is almost done but there's still plenty to add like pics and reviews.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/11644-non-pent...s-reviews.html