Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

How to view down loaded photos!

How can I view the photos I have downloaded and attached to comments in various threads!

I recently down loaded two photos for a thread comment and they just disappeared. When I attempt to down load them again I get a message stating that the photos are already downloaded??? Okay, that's fine......but where are they and why can't I access them?

08-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you mean upload? They will be visible below your message once you post your thread.
08-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Do you mean upload? They will be visible below your message once you post your thread.
Okay,okay.....when I want to add a picture to a response I often download a picture from my computer... Or up load from my computer....... Point is I transfer a picture from my personal computer to this memory storage facility! The picture is then displayed in my comment. Fantastic!

Problem is recently, when I down/up loaded a picture from my computer it was indeed transferred here!, but the picture did not appear in the comment! So, I tried to reload the photo but couldn't because the picture is already saved in the forum's memory system?

How do I access my pictures, that I have PUT INTO the Pentax storage system, so I can add them to a comment?
08-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Simply click on the icon in the quick reply editor, or the "insert album photos" link in the main editor, and you'll be able to embed your other attachments. If the attachments are in the current post, you will also see a paperclip icon in the editor which will allow you to re-embed the uploaded photos.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You absolutely don't understand! Amazing!...........

When I select your little ' inert picture' icon.....it merely says I have no pictures uploaded! I have many, many pictures uploaded! Why can't I access them?

You have my 'up loaded' pictures archived somewhere, I want access to that archive!
08-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
it merely says I have no pictures uploaded!
1. 'Upload' and 'download' are not equivalent terms. Thats why your ISP charges you at a different rate for each. 'up' = from PC to www, 'down' = the reverse.
2. Attachment process works as described for everyone else so possibly the issue is with your personal computer settings.
3. Where exactly did you locate the image when you uploaded it? In your personal gallery space or just generally left them to find their own place?
4. Alternative - use a free acount in Photobucket or similar to upload to the www and then insert direct links in your posts - has been working for me since this site began 2006.
08-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I appears I ass-u-med that pictures I up loaded from my computer to this site would be attached to my account! The picture in this response should be achieved some where. I can't find it, nor can I reference it again if I wanted to! I should be able to post the same photo in different threads! Appears to be a one shot deal!

Last edited by WillH; 01-12-2013 at 04:32 PM.
08-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
Appears to be a one shot deal!
Yep - I noticed someone comment on that aspect and a second someone said there was a way of changing the name of the stored image so it could be reattached a second time.

08-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If you follow the steps in reply #4, you will be able to find your old attachments and insert them, exactly as you're describing.
You can also find your attached photos via the "My activity -> my attachments" page: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editattachments

The full guide to image uploading is found here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/6-how-upload-photos-begi...tart-here.html

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's okay Adam! I'm not explaining the issue to you properly. Appreciate your effort! Arjay bee knows what I'm talking about and it appears flogging the beast is accomplishing nothing!

thanks again

WillH
08-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Yep - I noticed someone comment on that aspect and a second someone said there was a way of changing the name of the stored image so it could be reattached a second time.
That's just a waste of space, though- you can always re-attach the photo using the method described in post #9 / 4 regardless of where it's uploaded.

Adam