Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What does bump mean in the marketplace?

As a newbie here and learning a lot about photography, Pentax cameras and equipment, I am seeing some new (to me, new) terms in the discussions. One such word is "bump" used in the listings of the marketplace. Just what does that mean? From the guide for the marketplace, I get the impression it means the item is moved a little closer to the top of the listings. Not sure if that is correct or not, so can someone give me a better explanation? Thanks.

08-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A bump is when your thread is near or at the second page or more and you haven't sold your item yet, you write bump to bring it back to the top so others can see the thread.
08-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you, LeDave. I thought it meant something like that.
03-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
A bump is when your thread is near or at the second page or more and you haven't sold your item yet, you write bump to bring it back to the top so others can see the thread.
where do we have to post bump? in the post reply?

03-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tjwaung Quote
where do we have to post bump? in the post reply?
Yes. BTW, there are rules about how often you may bump your Marketplace ad. The Marketplace rules can be found here under the heading "Marketplace Regulations: The Fine Print".