Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photo per thread counter next to every thread title

Is it possible to have an indication next to a thread title to indicate the amount of photos linked to or posted (changing as photos are added) in a thread, especially the post your photo section? I don't mind people posting 20 photo's at the start of a thread, or threads in the end having hundreds of photo's, but would like to know how many photos I'll have to download before I click on a thread. Unfortunately I live in a place where data is expensive, and down/upload speed very slow.

08-21-2012, 04:03 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Is it possible to have an indication next to a thread title to indicate the amount of photos linked to or posted (changing as photos are added) in a thread, especially the post your photo section? I don't mind people posting 20 photo's at the start of a thread, or threads in the end having hundreds of photo's, but would like to know how many photos I'll have to download before I click on a thread. Unfortunately I live in a place where data is expensive, and down/upload speed very slow.
Why not just install an image blocking add-on in your browser? Only load images you want to view.
08-21-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Why not just install an image blocking add-on in your browser? Only load images you want to view.
I don't want to block all images. If I want to look at an image in the post your photo section for instance, I see the thumbnail. To open the thread and look at the large image, I click on the thumbnail, not always sitting and waiting for it to open (slow connection). Sometimes you only realize too late that the thumbnail opened a series of images. Some considered members do post the amount of images in brackets in the heading of their thread, but only a few of them do it
08-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The number of images per thread isn't a metric that we store, unfortunately. If you're on a mobile device, our mobile skin converts all images to links, though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam, perhaps a request can be made to members somewhere, that if they post more than 2 or 3 photos at a time to indicate it in the thread title?
08-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think that the dial-up age is beyond us for most members, BUT I just remembered- if you go in to your user cp options and uncheck the "show images" text box, all images will be converted to links. That should take care of things for you!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained