Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
Inactive Account

No photos in Submission to 2 MPost Contest

I just prepared and submitted an entry to Submission #1. I pasted in the text, uploaded the photos, and then attached the photos to the text using the "paperclip" button. After I hit the Submit button the post text was displayed with the first photo, and the second photo began to display. After the second photo was about one-third displayed there was a flicker on the screen and suddenly the entire post displayed with what appears to be links to the photos in place of the photos.
Since this is my first post, I assume I did something wrong. Did I exceed a size limit for the post? Did I exceed some limit on the number of photos in a post? The largest dimension of any of my photos is 900 pixels, the largest photo is 284 KB and the sum total size of all the photos is 1.58 MB.

Please help!

Thank you.

10-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think this is a bug in one of our client-side scripts. You can consider your submission successful. Please don't ask for help in two different places, though! Good luck.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Sorry. First posted to moderator contact forum because I didn't know enough to realize that the ....and Help Forum existed. Moderator response was to post to the ... and Help Forum. Couldn't find my original post and wouldn't know how to transfer over anyway, so I created a new post. I have a lot to learn.
Will use the ...and Help Forum in the future.

Thanks,
Tom Allen

P.S. I have a copy of the original submission, so if it turns out that there is a problem with the post or attachments I can re-submit.
10-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ah, I see- no worries then! The script issue should be fixed soon as well

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
Inactive Account

My pictures, as you Adam, required were there but now they are not as at 01-11-12
11-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I was just reviewing messages and whatever and came across this. It verifies what I said in an earlier message to you a few minutes ago in response to yours re a missing photo.
11-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Sparkle Quote
I was just reviewing messages and whatever and came across this. It verifies what I said in an earlier message to you a few minutes ago in response to yours re a missing photo.
Go ahead and PM me links to the photos and I'll take another look. When I checked the thread, all I say was a copy-paste of a link to our sample search engine, which didn't make sense.

Adam